This is literally the easiest vegan queso blanco recipe ever.
So easy, in fact, I’m not even going to add a story to it. Just know that you can thank my queso cravings for this one.
P.S. This is perfect for your Game Day bash, ESPECIALLY if you have any vegan attendees.
I got you guys.
- 1 8oz tub of vegan cream cheese
- 1 cup of soy milk (or any other milk substitute)
- 1 package of vegan pepper jack cheese cut into shreds (I use the Follow Your Heart slices)
- 1 tablespoon of minced jalapenos (I used some from a jar of Hot ones)
- 2 tablespoons of the hot jalapeno brine (that’s just the perfect amount of spice that I enjoy. Feel free to add more or less.)
- 1/4 teaspoon of corn starch
- 1/8 teaspoon of salt
- In a small saucepan, bring together cream cheese, milk, and jalapeno brine over medium heat. Stir until smooth.
- Add cornstarch, sliced cheese shreds, and minced jalapenos. Whisk until fully combined.
- Add salt to taste and serve warm.
I highly recommend serving in a small slow cooker set to warm, just to keep the smooth texture, because we all know queso is best served when warm.
Or over nachos…
Or tacos even!
You know what? Just put it on everything.